2023/11/25 - SMASH newsletter sent
As the outdoor season winds down, the TATC community has their eyes on the ball for the 2024 season.
Below is what you need to know - be sure to read to the very end for your opportunity to help shape next season!
Topics covered include:
End of Season
Permanent Nets will be coming down on Saturday, December 2. Please reply if you would like to help with the final take-down and clean up.
End of season tournament was held on October 28. We had a great turnout with lots of fun matches. Congratulations to the following gold medal players:
Annual General Meeting Highlights
Our first in-person meeting, post-Covid, was held October 30 at the community centre with 35 in attendance.
Here are the highlights - official meeting minutes will be made available on the website.
Year in Review:
Nomination of Board Members for 2023-2024:
A huge thanks to Miguel Perez and Jim Dorrance who are retiring from their roles as President and treasurer respectively.
Their efforts to foster tennis (and the inclusion of pickleball) are greatly appreciated and will continue!
For the upcoming year the following members were acclaimed. No elections were needed and we are pleased to welcome many talented and energetic new faces
Work underway for 2024
The new board committed to work on the following topics raised by members at the AGM:
The board is engaged in the following additional activities and commitments:
Share your voice
We need your input and feedback - please complete this TATC member survey by December 10: <https://forms.gle/
The City of Ottawa is also soliciting input on their outdoor tennis and pickleball strategy engaging in consultation with clubs.
Thanks to all for playing this season and we look forward to reuniting on the courts after the snow melts!
2023/05/29 - SMASH newsletter sent
Welcome new and returning members to the 2023 season at Trend Arlington Tennis and Pickleball! We are off to a great start with members hitting the courts in record numbers. To help you make the most of the season we put together some key info.
First off - NEW Pickleball lines have been painted on Tennis Court 3 (T3) and new portable nets are up to serve our growing membership. Tennis courts 2 and 3 (T2 & T3) will work double duty to support both sports as needed. T2 hosts P2 and P3 courts and T3 hosts P4 and P5. Use of these shared resources will be managed by our booking system (https://tatennis.skedda.com/booking). When reserving courts please be courteous to keep as many courts open for either activity (book PB courts sequentially so when not booked they are available for tennis). Please try to lift the nets versus dragging them to the fence (2 or 3 people works best) to preserve our resurfacing.
Mark your calendars for June 10 for our opening event. Sign up on our website.
1:30 - 2:00 pm Orientation session for new members
All are welcome to our friendly tournament and mixer kick off event. For tournament play we can accommodate 24 players plus three spares for each sport. Members will be invited to sign up for Pickleball or Tennis - one sport per person for this tournament. There will be side activities so even if you prefer not to compete you can participate, spectate and cheer.
The club website hosts all the information regarding the club including booking privileges for members. It is easy to book scheduled play in advance on the booking system. https://tatennis.skedda.com/booking. In a nutshell you can book 30 min slots per day a few days in advance. Ask your playing partner for their key number and you both should book to get a full hour. Bookmark these sites if you haven’t already!
While we have your attention here is a reminder of proper court etiquette - everyone will enjoy their play more, when we all keep these points in mind.
Look forward to seeing you all on the courts!
2022/03/30 - SMASH newsletter sent
In this Issue…
Hello returning Members,
The TATC board members are happy to inform you that the club will officially be open for 2022 as soon as the weather allows (we are hoping within the next week or two). 2021 members will have booking privileges until April 30, 2022. Please ensure you register and submit payment before that to maintain playing privileges.
We wish you all a fun and safe 2022 tennis and pickleball season. If you have questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
2021/07/17 - Email sent - Court Resurfacing
We have been informed by our contractor that will work begin on Friday July 23rd. The work is very weather related and the contractor has estimated it will take 10 to 12 days to complete. There will be no access to any of the courts during the resurfacing.
2021/07/02 - SMASH newsletter sent
In this Issue…
Updated City of Ottawa Guide Lines for Pickleball :
We received clarification from the city that doubles pickleball, while permitted, is encouraged to be played with members of the same household sharing one side of the court. As a club, we would encourage the same but would also remind that a 3 metre distance during play between members of different households should be maintained.
Tennis Club Doubles:
With the restrictions on leagues being lifted for Stage 2, we are once again able to host club doubles for tennis (Pickleball may follow soon). For new members, these are blocks of time set aside for a more social round robin where you can play with new partners and meet other members. 3 metre distancing should still be observed. Two sessions a week will take place 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Tuesdays and 9:30AM to 11:30 AM on Saturdays. In order to meet the covid tracing and reservation requirement, participants will be required to fill in a form on tatennis.ca by either using the following link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTpw0JAzS6Sba-24h1TH_qahDKt6t0LA2y8I5HzmWs7HrZIw/viewform or by accessing from the homepage of tatennis.ca the day of the event. The first of these will take place on July 3rd.
TATC Advanced Booking System:
Thanks to everyone who has used the booking system correctly. A few reminders: partners should be listed in the space provided. This acts as our required covid tracing info. It is not acceptable to play without a prior reservation. This is again against the covid tracing requirement of the city. For additional information visit the tatennis.ca website.
If you see Lynn and Holly around the club (look on the reservation system), please make sure to thank them for planting and upkeeping the lovely flowers in front of the clubhouse. Thank you, Ladies
|---- 2020 ----|
2020/10/26 - Smash newsletter sent ...
- New City Guidelines for Tennis and Pickleball
- Annual General Meeting
- Closing of the Courts
- Resurfacing of the Courts
- We have been informed that the recent restriction by the City of Ottawa to Singles Play Only applies to both outdoor and indoor games. Doubles tennis and doubles pickleball are prohibited at all times in the City of Ottawa right now. There are no exceptions to this rule (not for spouses, not for members of the same household or social bubble, and not for parent and child). The rule applies to both indoor and outdoor play.
- City By-Law officers will be ticketing those who do not comply with the restrictions.
- The AGM for 2020 has been delayed due to the new restrictions on indoor capacity limits for Ottawa that have been placed by the Ontario government for next 28 days
- If the restrictions aren’t lifted before the end of the year the board will look into holding the meeting virtually
- We will be sending out the club reports to all members the first week of November
- The club will remain open as long as the weather permits
- Resurfacing is unlikely to happen this year as the weather has turned too cold and other jobs have kept the contractor from starting. It is expected that the work will be done early next spring. The work will involve filling cracks on the four tennis courts and repainting, as opposed to a complete rebuild. We plan to fill the cracks on the pickleball court ourselves in the spring.
In this Issue…
- Court re-surfacing update
- Update on access to the club house
- New: Reduced memberships for the rest of the season!
- The court resurfacing is scheduled for early September. We will be sending the exact dates when the contractor advises us.
- We will try to minimize the impact on court usage as much as possible.
- The resurfacing will take approximately 7 to 10 days and is weather dependent.
- We still don’t have access to the clubhouse and will keep you updated as we receive information from the city.
- This will most likely impact when we hold the AGM this year similar to when the tornado affected it two years ago.
- The lights are automatically turned on at 8:00 pm every night, we will have the city change the time as we move into the fall.
- All membership fees will be reduced for the remainder of the season. Be sure to tell your friends!
|Membership type||2020 Fee
(reduced in August)
|Family (same address)||$
|Junior (17 and under)||$
2020/05/25 - Smash newsletter sent ...
The TATC board members are happy to inform you that the club will be officially open for 2020 starting Sunday May 24th. We would like to thank you all for your patience as we addressed the many challenges associated with club preparations during this health crisis. There will be a number of measures put in place in order to ensure the safety of everyone playing at the club this year. The current measures will most likely change and/or evolve over the summer. We ask for everyone’s cooperation and flexibility throughout all of this.
Here is what you will need to know to kick-off the season right:
- TATC will adhere to a strict set of guidelines to ensure the safety of all its players. These recommendations are available on our website and will be posted at the club.
- Please read these guidelines here: www.tatennis.ca > Rules for Safe Play 2020
- We ask that you follow and adhere to these guidelines.
- TATC has setup an email account and will only be accepting e-transfer payment for Tennis memberships.
- Membership information can be found at www.tatennis.ca > Fees
- Please send your e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and use tatennis as your security response.
- The TATC Treasurer will issue an e-receipts for payments received from members on a weekly basis
- Please ensure the courts are locked if you are the last one leaving the courts (regardless of time of day).
- Returning members will be able to continue to use their keys.
- New members will need to contact email@example.com to request a key and pay a key deposit of $20.00 via e-transfer.
- The clubhouse (including washrooms) remain closed until further notice. Please prepare yourself accordingly before coming out to play.
- Tennis court lighting will not be turned on during phase 1 of re-opening.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2020/04/14 - Information to date ...
- The club would not have the Tennis and Pickleball nets up until the first week of July and there would be no access to the courts till this time.
- The PTI after school program would be cancelled for 2020.
- The April 25th registration date would be moved to the first Saturday in July.
- Membership fees for all categories would be reduced by 15%.
- We will strive to make online registration easier with payments by e-transfer or via mail with the club providing receipts electronically.
2019 Season - Archive :
- 2019 Registration and Open House is April 27th. Pre-Register Now!
- After School Program starts on May 6th, Summer Camps on July 8-12, July 22-26, Aug 12-16 and Aug 19-23. Sign-up with Arthur Now!
- We are hiring! We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Club Supervisor. Please see the job poster here.
- Deadling to apply is March 1st. Please send a cover letter and resume to our Director of Supervision, Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEPTEMBER 22, 2018
- Due to the damage of yesterday's storm, the year-end tournament is Cancelled.
- The AGM and dinner will be rescheduled to a later date. Details to come.
- Join Michael, our Pickleball Pro, for a free Beginner Pickleball group clinic on May 14. Register at pickleballstrokes.ca. More info here.
- It's not too late to sign-up for the after-school program! Sign-up with Arthur Now!